Daniele Tamagni Grant
This is an international Photography Grant with funding for a Scholarship for higher education and is designed to sponsor young and emerging photographers. The spirit of this initiative promotes the dissemination of the African culture, its creativity, the impact of its visual aesthetics on the continent and the diaspora and the in-depth exploration of the photography media.
All applicants are required to make their application for the Daniele Tamagni Grant and upload their required portfolios by 10 October 2019.
The official language of the initiative is English as the Recipient of the Scholarship needs an adequate proficiency in English to benefit from the lectures and the reviews.
Each applicant must submit the following:
- a portfolio of min 20, max 30, fully captioned images, 72 DPI (jpg), 1200 pixels longest size, captioned
- max 2 projects with a synopsis or a description of the project(s). (PDF, max 500 strokes)
- a declaration of proficiency and command of English to follow the Scholarship
- a short bio and a motivation statement for attending the course
- only, when feasible, a brief testimonial by their Teacher(s).
Applicants must verify that:
- Her/his age is between 18- 30 years (as at July 31st 2019)
- To be the sole author of the photographs
- Has ownership of the proprietary rights in the photographs
- The submitted portfolio does not infringe third party copyrights or violates privacy rights
- Credits, captions and authorial terms exclusively belong the applicant and the Recipient agrees for communication, promotion and cultural initiatives. The Daniele Tamagni Estate will license, with terms of perpetuity and free of rights, the use of the pictures from the Submission and Graduation Portfolios (the digital files and its reproduction).
With the submission, it is required for the applicant to fill in the application form of the Market Photo Workshop.
The Grant is non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted other than the scholarship on offer.
The Daniele Tamagni Estate and Partners will support the Recipient in obtaining a Student Visa in Z.A. for the length of the Scholarship. Should the visa not be granted for reasons not attributable to the Daniele Tamagni Estate, no cash or credit alternatives are foreseen.
- Closing Date for Submissions – October 10th 2019
- Notification of Selection to Recipient – November 4th 2019
- Confirmation of Acceptance by Recipient – November 20th 2019
- Commencement of Scholarship – January 2020
The Recipient of the Scholarship will be entitled to :
- Advanced Programme in Photography or Photojournalism and Documentary Photography Programme yearly tuition at the Market Photo Workshop School in Johannesburg ZA (end of January to December 2020). Information about the courses can be found on this link:
- For Advanced Programme in Photography: https://marketphotoworkshop.co.za/courses/advanced-programme/
- For Photojournalism and Documentary Photography Programme: https://marketphotoworkshop.co.za/courses/photojournalism-documentary-photography/
- A return Economy class air-ticket from the place of residence to Johannesburg ZA.
- Assistance in the visa application, when required.
- Health and Repatriation Medical Insurance for the length of the Scholarship.
- A monthly bursary of 9,000 ZAR for accommodation, meals, transport and other out of pocket expenses.
- Curation of a new body of work to be developed during the Scholarship and to be presented for admission to the 2020 edition of the Festival Visa pour l’Image.
- The Recipient of the Scholarship in September 2020 will travel to Perpignan, during the Visa pour l’Image. There the Recipient will be introduced to international Photo Editors and, based on the quality of the portfolio earlier presented, have the opportunity to take part in dedicated programs and conferences.
For all other information about the Grant and the steps of initiative please visit :
For queries, please email : firstname.lastname@example.org